The festival of Dasara, also known as Vijayadashmi, is one of the most fascinating festivals of India and is celebrated in-between October and November with joy and enthusiasm for ten continuous days. It is considered as ‘shubh-muharat‘ – that is, a very auspicious period to start any venture. It is traditional belief that if any one begins a new venture, on this particular day, it is sure to meet with success. Wishing you all a Happy Dasara.
The festival of Dasara is celebrated on the last day of Dasara. Dasara is the name given to the 10 days festival and Dasara is the last day.
Interesting facts about Dasara
- In Nepal, Dussehra competition is referred to as “Dashain”.
- Some other unknown reality about Dussehra is that “Dasara” is the national competition of Nepal.
- In Himachal Pradesh, its miles celebrated as “Kullu Dussehra” in Dhalpur maidan of Kullu valley.
- Dussehra is also widely recognized by the call of Viajayadashmi, that means of Viajayadashmi is the victory on the 10th day.
- The Dussehra competition isn’t always celebrated best in India however also celebrated in other nations like Bangladesh, Nepal and Malaysia with first-rate zeal.
- The huge effigy of demon Ravana, Kumbhkarna and Meghnath was burnt on this day at the side of firecrackers.
- Dussehra celebration turned into commenced in the seventeenth century in Mysore.
- It is believed that on the day of Dussehra, the remarkable Ashoka became transformed to Buddhism.
- Dussehra is widely known at the 10th day of Navratri festival, which is also the day of Durga Puja pageant.
- Ravana has ten heads and each head represents the only evil so the ten evils are Jealousy, Anger, pride, Ego, Lust, Selfishness, Injustice, Greed, Attachment and Injustice. Dussehra is the pageant to win over these evils.
- In step with mythology, The Ram Setu (30 Km lengthy bridge) become built through the monkey Gods (Vanaras).Lord Rama takes this path to attain demon king Ravana and killed him.
- At the day of the Dussehra, Devotees immersed the idols of Goddess Durga after Durga puja.
- On the time of Durga Puja, people also worship the guns.
- In South India, Goddess of expertise, Saraswati Puja has been completed by way of the devotees. at some point of Puja, students additionally worship the books.